At Bray Cranes we are committed to keeping your information safe. We only ask for personal information we believe is required to operate our basic business processes and do not use this information for marketing purposes. We do not pass on your information to a third party unless it is required for accounting purposes or it is required by law.
We collect your information usually in two ways – basic contact information over the telephone/on site for an initial inquiry and full company information via an account application form to set you up as a customer in our secure accounts package system. All information stored electronically is password protected including back ups. All information stored on hard copy is kept in a locked storage area and our site is covered by CCTV.
The information we store includes the following which would be provided via a signed application form:
- Company Name, Address, Contact Numbers, Website and Email Address
- Company Registration Number and Vat Registration number to allow verification of these details
- Your Company Bank details to assist with verification and also to allow for any credits/refund where required. This would be stored in our secure password protected accounts package and may be saved as a payee in our Barclays Business Banking which can only be accessed using a secure key device.
- Please note you may wish to pay by card and we process these details on a secure online portal via Worldpay. This is usually done via the telephone and we do not store any of your card details electronically or on paper following the transaction.
How do we use your information:
- We use your information to contact you regarding your crane hire, prepare legal documents required for your crane hire or accounting purposes only ie invoices and statements of account. We do not use your details for marketing material or pass onto anyone who may use them for this purpose.
- If you are unhappy about our contact with you at any time please let us know and we will update your preferences in our system.
- If you wish to apply for a 30-day credit account for invoicing we will use your company name to search your eligibility on Credit Focus, an online service provided by Barclays Bank. If successful we will pass your information to our factoring company Lloyds Bank who will use this for account purpose only.
- Where your information has been written/printed on hard copy and must be destroyed we will shred the documents.
How long do we store your data:
- We will keep your information on our system unless you ask us to remove it. We may ask you to verify the information held periodically when you request a crane hire.
How we use your data via our website www.braycranes.co.uk:
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites:
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you have any queries or concerns regarding your data security or want to update your details please contact us at email@example.com or 0191 410 2020